Beautiful festive Pudding Ice Cream
This Pudding Ice Cream is a beautiful-looking addition to your festive table. Everybody will adore the one who prepares it. It has flavors added which traditionally are used in the holiday time, but will be liked the whole year.
Vegan vanilla ice cream is the base of this beautiful Pudding Ice Cream does it not look amazing?
Enjoy it with friends and family.
Customized vanilla ice cream with traditional Christmas flavors, for a lighter finish to your festive feast. Makes 1 large ‘pudding’..
- 750ml vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g vegan glace cherries (*check label for E120 (cochineal)
- 50g mixed peel
- 50g vegan chocolate chips
- 25g dried cranberries
- 25g sultanas
- 2 unwaxed tangerines
- 50g caster sugar
You will need a freezer-proof pudding basin large enough to hold the ice cream.
- Allow the ice cream to thaw and put it into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cinnamon, cherries, mixed peel, chocolate chips, cranberries, and sultanas. (You can change what you choose to add to the ice cream, but it’s best not to add more than 200g of your chosen ingredients in total.)
- Wash the tangerines in warm water and dry them with a cloth, to remove any chemical residues (you are going to be eating the skin). Cut each tangerine into 6-8 fine slices. Put them into a large saucepan with half a litre of water and the caster sugar. Bring the mixture to the boiling point, then simmer for 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced and the tangerine slices are soft.
- Take the pan off the heat. Using a slotted spoon, carefully take the tangerine slices out of the pan and transfer them to a plate to cool.
- Arrange approximately half of the tangerine slices around the sides of the pudding basin, pressing them down so that they don’t slide. Chop the slices that are leftover and add them to the ice cream mixture.
- Carefully spoon the ice cream into the pudding basin and put it into the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- When you are ready to serve the ice cream, take it out of the freezer and dip the basin into a sink full of lukewarm water for a few moments. Turn the ice cream out onto a serving dish.
source: vegan society