How To Freeze Fresh Herbs And Store Them For Later
How to Freeze Fresh herbs and store them for the winter
Freeze fresh herbs when it is the best time and you can harvest them as fresh as possible. In summer fresh herbs are available in abundance and often we even have too much of them if we have our own garden. Or if we buy them at the farmer’s market we do not use all and keeping them fresh is often not easy in summer. Good to know ways how to freeze fresh herbs and store them.
Here are some very helpful suggestions for you. Choose the one that is most convenient for you of fits the use you have for the herb. It is always great to have them handy and the best is to freeze fresh herbs when they are plenty, for the time we can not get fresh herbs as easily as in summer.
How to Freeze Fresh Herbs and Store Them
1. Freeze herbs in a plastic bag. This is one of the simplest ways to freeze fresh herbs: Just wash and dry them, then place in freezer-safe bags. (h/t My Persian Kitchen)
2. Freeze herbs in ice cube trays. Besides making fruit-infused ice cubes, ice cube trays are also the perfect size for storing herbs. Chop herbs first, then place the cubes with a little water. (h/t The Garden Glove)
3. Freeze herbs in olive oil. Another smart idea is to freeze herbs in an ice cube tray using olive oil instead of water. According to The Kitchn, preserving “hard” herbs like rosemary, sage, and oregano with this strategy can prevent them from getting freezer burn. (h/t The Kitchn)
4. Freeze herbs in a K-Cup. Add this to the list of reasons to keep leftover Keurig cups on hand: They’re ideal for freezing smaller amounts of herbs (such as if you don’t have enough left over to devote a whole ice cube tray to them). (h/t Happy Hooligans)
5. Freeze herbs in a Parmesan cheese container. This is genius: Instead of throwing out a Parmesan container, Mom and More reused it to freeze green onions. The best part? When you’re ready to use the frozen herbs, you just shake out the amount you need. (h/t Mom and More)
Read more here> Freeze and store fresh herbs
DON’T WASTE LEMONS – FREEZE THEM!
Read also >PARSLEY HERB A SERIOUS COMPETITION FOR FOOD SUPPLEMENTS
THE HEALING POWER OF BROCCOLI SPROUTS
ASTOUNDING BENEFITS OF ROSEMARY THE POPULAR HERB