Did you make resolutions to improve your health?
Many people make health-related resolutions, such as losing weight, stopping smoking, or joining a health club. It is common to set goals, and often, people let go again because they set them too high to reach. Setting smaller steps may be more effective for reaching your goals.
James O. Hill, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center says: “Small steps are achievable and are easier to fit into your daily routine. They are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change.”
Here are 10 Steps that are easy for a start:
1. Exercise – even if you only use a pedometer to count your daily steps. Take more steps and go the extra mile. Keep adding steps until you take 10,000 steps on most days. Maybe add a walk in nature?
2. Pay attention to your weight and ensure that you are not gaining extra lbs. Excess weight adds up quickly, even if you gain just a pound or two every year. Keep an eye on it.
3. Breakfast eaters tend to weigh less and have better diets overall. Eat a filling and nutrition-packed breakfast topped with Whole Grain with fresh fruit slices, and plant-based milk.
4. The average American eats less than one whole grain servings a day. Three whole grain servings each day are suggested. If necessary, use Gluten-free.
5. Eating a salad with a low-fat dressing is filling and may help you eat less during the meal. At least one green salad every day is a healthy choice. And you can count it toward your five daily cups of vegetables and fruits.
6. Fat has a lot of calories and calories. So take care and use less of it.
7. Consider calcium by including soy yogurt, bean and peas, sesame, kale, and plant-based milk. It is beneficial for your bones and can also help with weight loss.
8. Use smaller dishes, bags, bottles, and bowls; the smaller they are, the less you will eat.
9. If you can just lose 5 to 10 percent of your current weight, the health benefits are enormous. It helps lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
10. Often, just writing things down can help you eat less. So, keep track by writing down what you eat over the next couple of days and looking for problem spots.
Read also HOW YOU CAN DO A SUGAR-DETOX FOR YOUR WELL-BEING
and A 1 DAY RAW FOOD CLEANSE MAKES YOU FEEL HEALTHY AND LIGHT
HOW THE RIGHT FOODS CAN BOOST YOUR MOOD
To help you with a good start to a year full of health and vitality, we have a gift for you.
Fill out the form below and download Your Free Plant-based Recipes e-book.
Discover 15 easy, healthy, and tasty recipes, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, treats, and smoothies.
What foods should you eat to get the nutrients you need and strengthen your immune system? Find out how to make the smartest choices for yourself and your loved ones in this FREE guidebook: